[lug] 802.11b wireless

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Feb 28 15:20:30 MST 2002

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 03:26:30PM -0700, J. Wayde Allen wrote:
>Not necessarilly the least expensive option, but it could work for
>instant gratification.  Anyone know much about this box?

Be careful about some of the APs out there.  I was poking through their
stock the last time I was at the CompUSA in Boulder and noticed that the
least expensive ones were "wireless enabled" and to enable it required
purchase of their PCMCIA card to install in the PCMCIA slot on the AP.

Forewarned is to have four arms, or something...

Sean
--
 "The big bad wolf, he learned the rule.  You gotta get hot to play real cool."