[lug] Samba in business

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Mon Mar 18 00:23:36 MST 2002

On Fri, Mar 15, 2002 at 12:02:56PM -0700, Kyle Moore wrote:
>The catch is this...I hate risk. Can a samba server reliably replace a
>Windows file server? I'm not worried about stability of the server. What
>I am more worried about is continued functionality. Does Samba

I always like to say that, worst case, if the Samba solution doesn't work
you aren't out anything on hardware or software...  The hardware can be
used to run the Windows 2k server should you decide you want to go that way
down the line, and the software is "free".

Sean
--
 Electricity travels a foot in a nanosecond.
                 -- Commodore Grace Murray Hopper