[lug] OT: Wiring recommendations?

Elyse Grasso emgrasso at data-raptors.com
Tue Mar 19 10:51:16 MST 2002

Doing stuff with the baseboards would work for the one speaker wire in the
wall that cantilevers out past the basement wall. But most of the other
wiring has doorways in the way. I'm really hoping that in most places it will
be possible to pull the new phone and network cables into the walls while
pulling the old phone wiring out of the walls.

We use wireless networks at work, and I must say I'm not terribly impressed
by the throughput or the reliability we've seen: our training lab network
died twice during a class we were teaching last week (possibly interference
from equipment in the doctor's office next door?) which was very embarassing
and annoying. Anyway, I'm already equipped and connected for a wired lan at
home (just with exposed cables) and I'm spoiled by the connection speeds.