[lug] Linux client for Win2000 VPN server

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Tue Mar 19 12:26:40 MST 2002

>>>>> "Michael" == Michael J Hammel <mjhammel at graphics-muse.org> writes:

Michael> I got a new job.  Hard to imagine there was Unix devel work
Michael> in this mostly Windows and Oil industry town (Houston).

Michael> Anyway, I can work from home using a VPN.  They're using
Michael> FreeBSD at work, though most of the folks are ex-Windows
Michael> folk, however.  They all use "mpdnetgraph" to connect to the
Michael> Windows 2000 VPN server.  They aren't sure if there is a
Michael> Linux client for this.  Does anyone know what tool(s) I
Michael> should be using to connect from my Linux boxes at home into a
Michael> Windows 2000 VPN server?  I've never used a VPN before -
Michael> unless that just a fancy name for ssh'lling my way round the
Michael> place.  -- Michael J. Hammel The Graphics Muse

well, it looks like mpd might be a freebsd PPTP server/client...

If so, you might try:

http://pptpclient.sourceforge.net/

kevin
--