[lug] Install wos

Warren Sanders sanders at montanalinux.org
Wed Mar 20 08:41:17 MST 2002

Calvin Dodge wrote:

>I had the same experience with that model of Compaq.
>
>In my case the issue was that X was using the SVGA driver.  I switched it to the S3V (Virge) driver, and X then displayed properly.
>
>That was with the old-style (3.3) X - I don't know for sure if that applies to v 4.0.
>
>At any rate, I'd suggest forcing X to use the virge driver, or trying a different video card.
>

>Calvin

At first I installed using v 4 then changing to 3 with no luck.  I wish
I'd remember what video driver (2MB card) it was using, but I think that
gives me the ammo I was looking for if I can find this guy again.  He
was an attendee at our latest InstallFest this past weekend.
Thanks,

--
Warren Sanders
http://MontanaLinux.Org