[lug] cheap 802.11b for linux...

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Mar 21 09:48:10 MST 2002

>>>>> "Nate" == Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com> writes:

Nate> Ahhh... but the Prism II cards can ACT as a true base station
Nate> under Linux, at full 11Mb/s rates and all that rot, which is
Nate> truly cool.

Nate> And Lucent won't release the "secret decoder ring" (grin) to do
Nate> this to their cards, so you end up doing the Ad-Hoc thing at
Nate> 2Mb/s if you build a router out of Lucent cards.

humm... that wasn't my experence. I was using an old alpha udb (two
pcmcia slots :) for a wireless access point at my house for a while,
and it was working fine at 11mb. ;)