[lug] DNS resolution oddities

Justin glow at jackmoves.com
Wed Mar 27 16:59:11 MST 2002

I have a domain that is having some very weird and very annoying dns
issues. I just added a CNAME record to the zone file and it only
resolves about 75% of the time, if that. Here is the zone file:

$TTL 3600
$ORIGIN fishpig.org.
fishpig.org.    IN      SOA     jackmoves.com. root.jackmoves.com. (
                        2001110108
                        8H
                        2H
                        1W
                        1D )
                IN      NS      ns.jackmoves.com.
                IN      A       206.247.117.72
                IN      MX      5 jackmoves.com.
localhost       IN      A       127.0.0.1
www             IN      CNAME   fishpig.org.
globalops       IN      CNAME   fishpig.org.

I added the "globalops" line and incremented the serial number and
reloaded the zone in ndc. I've done this hundreds of times with other
domains on the same server and it works perfectly fine. This one, for
some reason, is not working 100%. What else can I do to further
troubleshoot this? I'm at a loss and this problem makes no
sense...FWIW, the "www" CNAME resolves all the time with on problems.

Justin

-----
glow at jackmoves.com
www.jackmoves.com