[lug] linux/tcsh question

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Mon Apr 1 18:34:22 MST 2002

Keith Herold wrote:

> And to D. Stimits:
>
> I tried both your suggestions;  tee did not work, and bash does the same
> thing (or doesn't do anything, I guess).
>
> The gated_LS program is a C program I wrote for a class assignment.  All of
> the printing is using printf.  The only argument is the name for the
> particular router of interest (we are building an LSPF protocol).  It is
> *really* a pain to try and figure out what is happening by opening 6
> different ssh windows,starting a router on each window, hitting ctrl-c after
> a minute or so, and then trying to eyeball where everything is.
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> --Keith

As mentioned, some programs don't like non-shell output. I'm curious if
your program uses any environment variables in determining what it does?
If it does, then redirection could change it, especially if it uses some
for of curses or termios. It was also mentioned that perhaps it is doing
what it is supposed to do, and is just blocking...try adding a print
message in whatever loop it could possibly be stalled at, see if it
continuously puts out the print message.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com