[lug] 3 button scroll mouse

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Thu Apr 4 13:43:41 MST 2002

Rob> Back to the topic, I've never had RH set up the pointing device
Rob> for scrolling. Even with my latest USB Trackman w/scolly
Rob> thingy. I've always had to go into the X config file and set it
Rob> up. Is the autoconfiguration new with RH 7.2?

it's not "autoconfiguration", as such, but i thought i remembered it
asking you what kind of mouse you have -- and if you picked a model
that has a wheel, it would add the ZAxisMapping stuff.

maybe i'm just hallucinating it.

Rob> And I still haven't figured out how to make Nedit scroll.

if it's x-based and uses a sane toolkit, it should just DTRT.

if it's x-based and doesn't use a sane toolkit, you have to find out
how to bind Button4Down and Button5Down events to
scroll-up/scroll-down.

if it's text based ... uhg, no idea.

t.