[lug] OT: C++ strstreams?

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Fri Apr 12 17:25:10 MDT 2002

Yes.  strstreams are also deprecated infavor of stringstreams.  BTW,
I wonder if there is a bug in the 2.96 version of ifstreams::get().
If you use ifstreams::get( streambuf ), the current position pointer
does not seem to by updated after a call.  Also, it returns a istream
rather than an ifstream.  I've not checked gcc 3 where the
implementation
now uses on templates.

Scott