[lug] Sendmail and SMTP Auth

Charles Menzes charles at lunarmedia.net
Sat Apr 13 17:30:32 MDT 2002

Just a follow up to my original post. I found a very good document on not
only configuring SMTP Auth, but also configuring starttls for
communication betweeen servers. It takes a very concise approach for
explaining authentication based on certificates and getting your server
compiled correctly and quickly. Its up to date with sendmail 8.12.x to get
rid of running as setuid root as well, so there arent many gaps in the
documentation that need to be felt through.

  http://sial.org/talks/smtpauth-starttls/