[lug] usb flash card

Tkil tkil at scrye.com
Mon Apr 15 12:08:44 MDT 2002

>>>>> "jd" == j davis <j> writes:

jd> i am trying to get my Zio microtech flah card to work with rh7.2
jd> kernel 2.4.18. i added the following in my kernel..

my recommendation would be to ditch the zio card -- or leave it
attached to a computer that has official support for it -- and buy a
CF reader that is "usb mass storage" compliant.  the latter is the
open standard, so it's support is always going to be better than the
Zios (the driver for which involves some guessing and sparse
documentation, IIRC).

they're down to about the same price and form factor now, too, so
neither of those are a concern.  (although i understand the "but i've
already got one..." issue.  i'm lucky enough that the 30$ for another,
different reader isn't a big deal.)

t.