[lug] usb flash card

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 15 12:00:49 MDT 2002

hi

i am trying to get my Zio microtech flah card to work with rh7.2 kernel
2.4.18. i added the following in my kernel..

    * Code maturity level -> Prompt for development drivers
    * SCSI support (even if you don't have a scsi controller)
    * SCSI disk support
    * SCSI generic support
    * Filesystem support for the filesystem you will be using on your
Smartmedia disk. For the Olympus digital camera this is a FAT filesystem.
    * Support for USB (as a module)
    * Preliminary USB device filesystem (optional)
    * UHCI support (as a module), or UHCI Alternate Driver, or OHCI support.
Which one you need depends on your usb controller.
    * USB Mass Storage support
    * SanDisk SDDR-09 support

then i did this....

    * insmod   /lib/modules/2.4.12/kernel/drivers/usb/usbcore.o
    * insmod   /lib/modules/2.4.12/kernel/drivers/usb/uhci.o   (or OHCI, or
whatever you used)
    * insmod  /lib/modules/2.4.12/kernel/drivers/usb/storage/usb-storage.o

then /var/log/messages reported this...

Apr 15 12:51:11 bushwick kernel: hub.c: USB new device connect on bus1/1,
assigned device number 3
Apr 15 12:51:11 bushwick kernel: usb.c: USB device 3 (vend/prod
0x4e6/0x1010) is not claimed by any active driver.
Apr 15 12:51:12 bushwick /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: ... no drivers for USB
product 4e6/1010/5

so...also compiled in usb>storage>microtech compact flash support

/proc/scsi/scsi doesnt report anything..however the light on
my flash card comes on.

any ideas why it doesn't work
sorry for the wrap and the extra message..forgot not to hit
tab while compossing with web mail

thanks
jd