[lug] apache config for cgi virtual host

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Apr 18 15:31:52 MDT 2002

Peter Hutnick wrote:

> On Thursday 18 April 2002 02:01 pm, D. Stimits wrote:
> > Peter Hutnick wrote:
> >
> > > You may not get points for being a super-fly Apache guru, but you could
> > > probably enable symbolic links on [document root]/ and "ln -s
> > > [cgi-bin]/sqwebmail [document root]/index.html
> >
> > I saw an interesting article in Dr. Dobb's Journal, on creating a setup
> > for a very nice C++ template system to run C++ servlets, just like java
> > servlets. Only it was pure C++, with some very nice advantages (I know
> > everyone has their reason for liking one servlet or web active page
> > system than another, but a C++ extension is so darn logical I don't know
> > why it never made it to the world before, other than maybe java taking
> > care of that for most people).
>
> Do you know the month and year?

April 2002 I think. I was reading it at a bookstore while killing time.
Couldn't afford to buy it, I was waiting for a job recruiter meeting.

> I really like the idea of a server-side system that processes custom tags (I
> have no idea what Java terminology describes this), but I have a
> semi-rational hatred of Java.
>
> I like C++ though.

Me too. For applets, I believe it turned out to be more efficient than
the java version (funny to hear what many people call a bloated language
to be lean and mean compared to java for this particular popular
useage).

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com