[lug] Linux & NT email

rotering at animalcules.com rotering at animalcules.com
Fri Apr 19 08:22:16 MDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 07:08:09AM -0400, neelsmith74 at netscape.net wrote:

> So, yes a NULL client that would only send mail out would be great.
> I am just looking for the simplest solution to this.  I already have
> Qmail ready to go.  I could also get up Sendmail, but rather use
> Qmail since I'm more familiar with it.  Any how-to's on NULL or one
> way email out?

Directly from qmail's Fine FAQ:

	2.2. How do I set up a null client? I'd like zippy.af.mil to
             send all mail to bigbang.af.mil.

	Answer: echo :bigbang.af.mil > /var/qmail/control/smtproutes;
	chmod 644 /var/qmail/control/smtproutes. Disable local delivery
	as in question 2.1. Turn off qmail-smtpd in /etc/inetd.conf.

Of course, this requires you to read question 2.1 as well.