[lug] Sound problem

Yuko Jonah yuko_j at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 21 14:40:18 MDT 2002

I'm Running RH7.2 Motherboard Elements A67AS. kernel
2.4.7-10
sndconfig seems to find the sound card by VIA
Technologies| AC97 Audio Controller is not supported
curerently; however, the ALSA project has a driver for
this card. I have downloaded the drivers, still the
same problem. Upon booting up here are the errors
Modprobe: modprobe: can't locate module sound-slot-0
Modprobe: modprobe: can't locate module
sound-service-0-0
I have recompiled the kernel, but still running into
the same problem.

Thanks,
yuko

=====
" Those who perpertrate evil on their fellow men shall
  be visited by evil."
      ---Kenule Saro-wiwa

Yuko Jonah
yuko_j at yahoo.com