[lug] Attempted hack from 202.185.243.121

Paul Bille Paul at ebille.cudenver.edu
Mon Apr 22 09:27:53 MDT 2002

> I get stuff like this all day long . . .

Thanks Daniel.

I guess I have too much time on my hands.  Anyone know where I can find some
work to occupy my time and fill out my check book?

In the mean while, it's not a futile effort.  I received a note from
abuse at jaring.my confirming they had identified the source and advised the
network administrator to take action.

There may be value in creating a "Wall of Shame"; a database of known
abusers.  If we compile a list of sources for these kinds of attacks, maybe
we can discourage them.  Initially accumulating the IPs for attacks would
allow us to identify ISPs with lax security.  Ultimately it would be
desirable to tie attacks directly to authors by name.  Reputation, good or
bad is a social contract that holds people accountable for their actions.

Thanks,
Paul
http://bille.cudenver.edu/author