[lug] LILO and UMSDOS

LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Wed Apr 24 09:04:25 MDT 2002

Okay, here's my deal.

I need Windows for work stuff (a strictly MFC application).  Also, I don't
believe that my portable MP3 player is supported by Linux (however, I have not
looked yet).

I want to re-build my laptop.  It's only got a 10GB drive, and I can't really
spring for a new drive right now.  I've tried dual booting, however I'm running
out of ext2 space, and need enouhg FAT32 space for my Windows data!  So, I was
thinking of reformatting the entire drive as FAT32, and installing Linux using
UMSDOS.  That should allow me to grow my Linux stuff as needed, without
re-partitioning, right?

The other option would be to re-format the entire drive as EXT2, and install
WIndows into a VMWare machine.  However, I don't own VMWare (yet), and I'm not
completely sure how VMWare deals with the USB.

So, my question:  Has anyone got LILO working with a UNSDOS install of Linux?
I really like LILO, and don't want to have to boot all the way into Windows
just to boot up Linux.

Viggy

     This message was sent from Peak to Peak Internet.
 DSL - V.90 modems - Web Hosting and Business connectivity
          Please visit!  http://www.peakpeak.com
                    (888)-600-PEAK