[lug] Workstation or CUSTOME

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Wed May 8 11:20:38 MDT 2002

I tend to choose Custom and then select "Everything" (at the bottom of
the subsequent list).  Disk is cheap, and I don't like wasting time
going back to fetch RPMs later.  Plus, it largely eliminates the
dependency hunt problem.  Another benefit is that you'll be likely to
have the latest version if you use an automated RPM update system; I've
seen people go back to distribution CDs and install older, vulnerable
versions of packages and forget to immediately update.  Of course, YMMV.

--

   - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
  |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |