[lug] Timezone Problem w/ Postfix on Debian

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Thu May 9 10:12:54 MDT 2002

No, according to RFC 2822, "the date and time-of-day SHOULD express local
time."

"SHOULD" has a very specific meaning in RFCs. It is not a requirement, but
it should be adhered to if at all possible.

Use of descriptive timezones ("UTC", "MST", etc.) has been deprecated. Use
of "+/-nnnn" (e.g. "-0700") is the new (and unambiguous) way to express the
sender's timezone.

Internet Message Format RFC: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2822.html

-Rob