[lug] network card problem

Brett Monson brett at its.bldrdoc.gov
Mon May 20 11:17:40 MDT 2002

I have two 3-com network cards. Eth1 can interface to the network here at work and access the internet. Eth0 (IP:10.10.10.10) can ping a linux workstation (10.10.10.11) and vice versa that are connected via a null modem cable. I cannot however ping or get on the internet via the 10.10.10.11 workstation. When I installed RedHat 7.2 I used the no firewall option. Also, I have installed iptable updates as required to use Shorewall. Whether shorewall is on or off, there seems to be no transfer of packets from eth0 to eth1. Is there some kind of configuration option or code that needs to be implimented to make these cards transfer packets between them with no firewall present?