[lug] gpg as personal certificate

Andrew R. Diederich diederic at boulder.net
Fri May 24 12:27:07 MDT 2002

I'm looking for a way to use gpg (since it's free and portable) to make a
personal certificate that I
could import into a browser.  The types of formats which it seems to like
are things like .pfx, p12, p7b (PKCS #7 Certificates), .cer, .crt (DER
Encoded Binary X.509), etc.  My intent is to be able to sign digital
forms.

Hmm, now that I think about it, maybe I should use keytool from the java
jdk.  I already use that to make web certs, and maybe personal certs are
more like web certs than gpg signing is.

Well, I've rambled a bit incoherently, but I suspect you've got the gist
of it.  Thanks!

--
Andrew