[lug] Laptop recommendations

Hugh Brown hugh at brownclan.org
Tue May 28 12:02:00 MDT 2002

It seems that the 8100 comes with a couple different nic/modem combos.
Mine is the 3com set.  I went looking this weekend and saw a statement
to the effect:

No 3com winmodems are supported at this time.

lspci: (for the relevant device)

02:06.1 Communication controller: 3Com Corporation Mini PCI 56k Winmodem
(rev 10)

If you know for sure that this one works, I would be thrilled.

Hugh