[lug] Network card errors due to Windoze

Sexton, George gsexton at mhsoftware.com
Fri May 31 16:48:37 MDT 2002

My guess would be that as part of the shutdown of the card, Windows is
setting the state of the card to something that the driver doesn't know how
to handle. I don't believe it's a BIOS problem.

The one thing that Windows may be doing to the card at shutdown is enabling
WAKE-ON-LAN.  I believe win2k has an option at the card level to turn this
on or off.

Regardless, the issue is almost certainly that Windows is setting the
registers and configuration of the card to something that the Linux driver
doesn't handle.