[lug] Vim and wine, or w[h]ining about vim

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Jun 6 08:41:54 MDT 2002

Hello,

I have a new box using a Via-built motherboard that I am playing with.

(BTW, this is an amazingly inexpensive piece of hardware.  I got
http://www.casetronic.com/Product/PCcase/CheckerCube/checkercube.html
which isn't even the cheapest version.  I'd be happy to bring it to the
meeting on Thursday to show it off for a 10 min. demo.)

I'm playing with getting linux (RH 7.3) to fully support all of the
hardware I've stuck in the box and have noticed a couple of oddities.
In particular, vim seems to lock-up rather often.  Have others hard
problems with vim?  On my other RH 7.3 box I always use that other,
immensely superior editor from GNU. ;-)

Also, since I shoved all of 7.3 onto the box, wine runs an init script.
  Occasionally it seems to lock at boot time.  Anyone else had problems
with it?  I was wondering if it's hardware related.

Thanks,

Scott