[lug] Vim and wine, or w[h]ining about vim

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Jun 6 15:51:08 MDT 2002

Thanks for the note Dan.

   Actually, I think that I found the problem.  Certainly the wine issue
is fixed, the vim probably as well.  ( In fact I'm surprised that
anything worked at all. )

   I was also testing software DVD playback on this box and to improve
transfers from the DVD drive, I'd called hdparam on hdb in rc.local as
the last start-up operation.  Later, I added another hard drive and
recabled the drives.  It turns out that I was booting from hdb after
adding the other drive.  I'm probably lucky that my hard drive is useful
for more than playing hockey now. :-(

Scott