[lug] replacing login shell

Chip Atkinson chip at rmpg.org
Tue Jun 25 11:55:45 MDT 2002

It depends on the complexity of the telnet session, but you may wish to
consider either expect or the expect perl modules.

One of the best things about expect is that you can control the speed at
which characters are sent.  This is very important in some situations
because most of the characters that are just blasted at the speed of a
bash here document come so fast that they get lost.

Chip