[lug] iptraf w/ filter?

John Karns jkarns at csd.net
Wed Jun 26 16:50:47 MDT 2002

Versions tried: 2.3.1, 2.4.3

I want to filter the displayed entries to packets transferred between my
machine's eth0 interface and any other address.

When I define a filter targeted at my eth0 interface, I specify
192.168.1.108 as the IP, 255.255.255.255 as the mask, and 0 as the port.
The "2nd" interface I leave as 0's, which according to the iptraf manual
is supposed to widcard to all IP's.  However, nothing displays in the top
window.  When I ping another IP, the bottom window shows the relevant
packets, but nothing on the top.  I tried filtering on an IP external to
my machine, and it works.  Very strange - anyone else experience this?

John Karns                                        jkarns at csd.net