[lug] Ocean Journey Opening

Joe Betts jbetts at oceanjourney.org
Mon Jul 1 16:59:18 MDT 2002

RE:      Job advertisement (Richard Fifarek)
    and
            Re: Job advertisement (Evelyn Mitchell)

Yes, Ocean Journey is a really cool place to work.  Not only do we have
interesting technical challenges but we get to visit with the animals
from time to time.  Where else could you work and take time out during
the day to sit and watch the Mexican Lookdowns in the Sea of Cortez tank
or the sharks in the Depths of the Pacific tank or touch Southern Sting
Rays or Cow Nosed Rays in our new ray touch tank?  (As time permits of
course. We do have to work occasionally.)

One of the neat things we are doing is transitioning to Linux on most of
the servers and workstations.  If you'd like to help with that, I invite
you to complete an application at Ocean Journey, 10:00am to 5:00pm,
daily. Or send résumé and cover letter to:

      COLORADO'S OCEAN JOURNEY
      Human Resources Department
      Qwest Park, 700 Water Street
      Denver,  CO  80211

For more information about Ocean Journey, please visit our web site at
http://www.oceanjourney.org

Yes, Ocean Journey has filed for Chapter 11 reorganization. This action
allows the not-for-profit aquarium to remain open, indefinitely.
Chapter 11 offers a legal avenue to extend or reduce debts and
concurrently encourages ongoing business and normal operations. The goal
of Ocean Journey's reorganization includes resolving the debt problem in
order to emerge on a solid financial foundation and assure that Ocean
Journey is available for future generations. Please see the news
releases on our web site for more information about this.

Joe Betts