[lug] NVIDIA GeForce2 Go Driver & KRUD (Was Dell Utility Partition)

j davis davis_compz at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 10 21:58:25 MDT 2002

Did you edit out the dri entries there is one at top and one at the very
bottom....also dont forget to change nv to nivida. those 3 edits and
adding the nvidia kernel and glx gets my card kickin ass! The nv driver
totally craps out if you try any 3d stuff...for me anyway.  I think
it would be a shame for anyone with a nvidia chipset not to use the
nvidia driver.

boxes tested..athlon/viakt266/geforce2mx
            ..athlon/via/tnt2
            ..pentium/?/tnt
            ..athlon/viakt266/geforce4 wahoo! not the ti :(
jd

>From: "J. Wayde Allen" <wallen at lug.boulder.co.us>
>To: lug at lug.boulder.co.us
>Subject: Re: [lug] NVIDIA GeForce2 Go Driver & KRUD (Was Dell Utility
>Partition)
>Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:37:21 -0600 (MDT)
>
>On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, D. Stimits wrote:
>
> > Always set it to runlevel 3 as default while working on X11. You can
> > simply do a "startx" or "init 5" (as root) to test.
>
>Yea yea I know, but I usually start with the hammer and screw driver
>before reading the instructions.  (Don't most engineers?)
>
>Not a big deal to fix, but a somewhat annoying inconvenience.
>
>- Wayde
>   (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

>Join us on IRC: lug.boulder.co.us port=6667 channel=#colug

thanks,
jd

jd at taproot.bz
http://www.taproot.bz