[lug] Fetchmail, smtp, procmail, and port 110

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jul 11 12:19:29 MDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 10, 2002 at 05:17:58PM -0600, J. Wayde Allen wrote:
>     determining that there is mail available it sits for about 1 minute
>     before issuing a "Can't raise smtp listener, switching to procmail"

One minute lags are almost always DNS reverse resolution issues.  Look at
the "-m" fetchmail option to force using sendmail instead of trying to
connect to the local SMTP server.  Or, if you really want to go with SMTP
local delivery on her box, find out if "telnet 127.1 25" connects as you'd
expect.

Sean
--
 The day that Linux invades the desktop market is the day that I start
 believing in people again.