[lug] meaning of logwatch message

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Jul 24 16:20:25 MDT 2002

Anyone know what this line in my secure log means:

secure:Jul 23 21:52:38 brahe xinetd[933]: START: sgi_fam pid=1721 from=0.0.0.0

The pid changes with each entry.  They showed up today for the first time.
Is this someone pinging my machine or was I running something I didn't know
I was running?  What is "sgi_fam"?  It's not in /etc/services.

BTW, I'm running RH 7.2 (KRUD 2002-04-01) with updates.
--
Michael J. Hammel                               The Graphics Muse
mjhammel at graphics-muse.org                      http://www.graphics-muse.com