[lug] [OT] gdb question

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Mon Aug 12 18:14:40 MDT 2002

>>>>> "Ralf" == rm  <rm at fabula.de> writes:

Ralf> anyone here that know about the status of the 'future-break'
Ralf> command that Apple added to gdb?

It sits on a branch, unmerged.  Recently there's been more interest in
the gdb MI code; future-break is peripherally related to that so you
might eventually see it go in.  future-break, or something like it, is
really required to write a decent GUI for gdb (we ran into problems
with saving breakpoints in Insight due to lack of this).

Ralf> I kind of got used to this feature and it would shure be handy
Ralf> for debugging apache modules.

Yup.  To solve this problem in libgcj, I set a breakpoint on the
function that loads the library, and then I put commands on that
breakpoint which set a breakpoint in the newly loaded module.  It's a
pain, but it works ok.  If I want to do this more than once I put it
into a file that I can source into gdb.

Tom