[lug] OT: RG6 television cable

John Dollison johndollison at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 23 22:32:07 MDT 2002

Dan,
What kind of RG-6 do you need?  Plenum or outdoor?  foil-shield, braided, or
double-shielded?  solid-core or foam core?  Also, 75-ohm RG-11 has lower
signal loss than RG-6 at higher frequencies.  You may want to start at a
cable manufacturer (like Belden.com) to pick the exact style you want, and
then do a google search on that mfg's part #.  I'd also check BlackBox.com
and maybe Digikey.com.

Cablewholesale.com sells 1000' of RG-6 for $92, or 100' for $15.

There are many sites that help you compare cable specs and prices.  Here's
one that I just found, it's not great, but a good starting point:
http://www.radio-ware.com/products/techinfo/coaxapps.htm
http://www.radio-ware.com/products/techinfo/coaxloss.htm

John Dollison
855 Mohawk Drive
Boulder, CO 80303

(303) 499-7769  (Home)
(719) 339-3705  (Cell)

Your computer can help fight Cancer and Alzheimer's! Visit
www.intel.com/cure/

.