[lug] OT: RG6 television cable

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Aug 28 01:40:54 MDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-26 at 10:53, John Dollison wrote:
> Dan,
> Yeah, I'm a ham operator also.  N3TQF.  I'm not as active as I'd like, but
> for me, the more I try to learn about everything, the more groups I end up
> joining!  It's nice to have lots of friends in lots of different groups
> (like BLUG and amateur radio) where they're all interested in learning more,
> growing more, and helping out newbies!  (When I get more proficient in
> Linux, I'm planning on combining my skills to create a linux-powered robot
> that stays in touch with my home PC using a ham-radio link and a Java
> interface!)

And just how do you plan on meeting the control operator requirements
for that?  Or are you following the telecommand rules?  (GRIN)

> BTW, the Boulder Amateur Radio Club meets every Sunday night on 146.70 MHz,
> at 7 pm.  They also have a real face-to-face meeting the third Tuesday of
> every month at the Rocky Mtn School for the Gifted and Creative (2897
> Mapleton Ave, across from the YMCA).

BARC's a great group!  Say Hi to Rip and Ellie for me!  There are two
Boulderites near and dear to my heart, even if I don't tell them often
enough.  Their BARC Jr. project to involve kids in Boulder with Ham
Radio is top-notch and recognized as such by Hams nationwide.

I offered to do a presentation on the Internet Radio Linking Project for
them anytime, but I think they're already beyond that stage and building
a node and a UHF repeater to host it on... from rumors I've heard.  I've
built or worked on about 50 nodes now, so if they need help after they
get the machine on the Net, let me know!