[lug] Sending e-Mail under Linux

Franklin Bowen Franklin at Bowen.net
Thu Aug 29 14:29:14 MDT 2002

I assumed I was not an open relay because my internet connection is through
a Cisco 678 DSL modem (which is a router) with NAT turned on.  However, you
know what they say about assuming...  :-)  So I found a URL that allows one
to actually test whether they are an open relay:

http://www.abuse.net/relay.html

I don't have an account so I did the anonymous test which came up
negative.  From what I read on their page that is definitive.  If you get a
positive test as anonymous, it is still possible that you are NOT an open
relay and need to get an account or find another test to find out for sure.

--
Franklin Bowen (Franklin at Bowen.net)
http://Franklin.Bowen.net