[lug] September's talk

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Tue Sep 3 11:51:08 MDT 2002

Hi, folks.

As you might have noticed from the schedule of future talks, I'm a little short.

Got an interesting subject you want to hear about?  Or even better,
something Linuxy you'd like to tell people about?  I'm working on some
potential speakers for later this fall, but I'm coming up short for
this month.  For ideas on good topics, have a look through the older
parts of the meetings page: http://lug.boulder.co.us/meetings.html

Also: I've been thinking about opening up the room earlier so we can
have a somewhat more introductory talk or Q&A session before the usual
demo and main talk.  It seems like it'd be a good idea, especially
since this month's meeting is a few days before the installfest.

BLUG has probably more technical talks than various of the other LUGs
in Colorado, but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  We seem to be
catering to a more advanced audience, which seems reasonable, but I
suspect there's a way to broaden a bit without losing the essence of
BLUG.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Talks?

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological