[lug] Python 1.5 and 2 coexist?

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Sun Sep 8 09:30:54 MDT 2002

I am wonder, if the newer Python 2 is used to upgrade, and 1.5 is
replaced (this is RH 7.3, but I am also concerned with non-RH systems,
RH/KRUD just happens to be my main concern), how many older Python
applications will barf and die? Is it possible to install both Python
1.5 and 2, and not have a constant struggle with applications getting
the wrong Python, or having to make custom shell scripts to set the exec
path on every single Python application? What kind of headache am I
looking forward to by having both, or by upgrading to 2 and removing 1.5?

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com