[lug] Mounting Win partitions / Renaming localhost?

Mr Viggy LittleViggy at alum.manhattan.edu
Sat Sep 28 16:43:47 MDT 2002

There ya go!  See I knew there had to be another way to list the
partitions without actually going into the fdisk program.

Now, if there were a way on Windows...  Once, two jobs ago, the IT
department sent me over a new PC; running Win NT.  Well, it had one
disk, at 5 GB.  Hmm, that's not enough for development work, so I
started removing the disk from another machine.  Well, after getting the
  disk installed into the new machine, I run the Windows version of
fdisk which allows you to list all the partitions on all the disks, and
lo and behold, IT decided to only FORMAT 5 GB of the 20GB disk in the
machine!!!  So, I wasted a day rebuilding a machine that didn't need it!

Viggy