[lug] The tide's turning perhaps... :-)

Peter Hutnick peter-lists at hutnick.com
Sun Sep 29 15:28:51 MDT 2002

> IBM service has treated me very nicely over the past few years.  They've
> been speedy, courteous, paid for the shipping both ways, and given me no
> trouble when informed that I was running Linux.
>
> Other companies could learn a lot from IBM service (*cough* Dell
> *cough*).

I second all of this.  I am writing this on a Thinkpad that I bought used
from a semi-reputable shop.  IBM was SUPER easy to work with when I had
problems (/right/ after I bought it).  IBM likes to do return to depot,
whereas Dell sends a dude ( :-P ) out with a part.  That might be an issue
for some people.

Dell, IMNSHO, really took their eye off the ball in terms of support in
mid '98 when the stock stopped skyrocketing.  Sad, really.

-Peter

--
Get my PGP key at
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x76CA8A59 Fingerprint: