[lug] new to Linux

Jason W. Strnad jasons at ehlokitty.org
Mon Sep 30 16:41:50 MDT 2002

short of getting a different distro, as has been suggested, (I've tried
the RH8.0 and Mandrake9.0 betas, both are fine packages, as is RH7.3.)
perhaps if you could provide us with some details as to the problems you
are having.

You mention dual booting with XP, something which in my experience is
only a recently solved problem, _should_ work alright with RH7.3, but
could be a source of trouble for new to Linux users.  Are you having
booting problems?

What things are you trying to do with Linux that are not working to your
satisfaction?  What applications are you trying to use?  When something
doesn't work, does that something give you an error message?

Answers to any of the above questions will significantly improve the
quality and value (to you) of any answers you get from the list.

-jasons