[lug] xremote

D. Stimits stimits at attbi.com
Tue Oct 1 17:45:37 MDT 2002

Nobuki Matsui wrote:
> I wonder if anybody has a success with xremote, using RH7.3.  My
> experience has been negative so far.  It compiles, but it will not run
> properly.  The control of a remote keyboard strokes/mouse does not
> work.  A quit key doesn't work either.
>
> N MATSUI
> SRRB Air Resources Lab, NOAA

Forgot to mention something about x2x: It is simple, you run it, and on
the command line you designate which edge of the main machine monitor is
to be welded (my terminology) to the other machine. If on a left monitor
you designate -east, then the right side (or east side) of your monitor
has a 1 pixel wide area, where touching it with the mouse turns mouse
and keyboard into control of the other machine. Sort of like Xinerama
between separate machines, except you cant drag applications across the
boundary. x2x is itself just a command line background daemon, it is has
no gui of its own, nor any need for such a gui.

D. Stimits, stimits AT attbi.com