[lug] RH 8.0 mirrors

Alan Robertson alanr at unix.sh
Mon Oct 7 23:46:22 MDT 2002

Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 07, 2002 at 08:02:41PM -0600, Alan Robertson wrote:
>
>>Lots of folks on my mailing lists had troubles with plain vanilla things
>>and system calls that were just broken. Libraries that didn't work.
>>

> How many of those people were sorely out of date with respect to
> applying errata?

Probably most of them.  It is readily observable that they had troubles that
they were ineffective in dealing with.

 > There have been shipped libraries and compilers that
> had issues which were fixed by errata in a quick and reasonable (IMHO)
> manner.  I don't think it's very fair to complain about any software
> when there's errata available that fixes the problems.

To a certain degree you're absolutely right.

 From another point of view, no one should ship badly broken basic system
components and libraries.

I think both of these statements are true.

The second point of view is what gives KRUD great value ;-)

	-- Alan Robertson
	   alanr at unix.sh