[lug] mozilla

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Wed Oct 16 15:12:22 MDT 2002

I assume you are running something that uses the audio device directly
(such as XMMS).  Flash 5 blocks on the audio device (waiting for your
other application to release it), and Mozilla blocks on Flash.  If you
were to shut down your other application, you would see that Flash would
start playing and Mozilla come back to life.

There are several solutions to this, including downgrading to Flash 4 as
suggested.  According to the bug description on Mozilla, you can also
run a sound server.  However, I have not successfully done this, as
downgrading Flash seems to work just fine.

-d

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002 at 14:21 -0600, Rob Riggs soliloquized thusly:

--
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish
we didn't." Erica Jong (b. 1942); US author