[lug] [OT] Web Server Question

Dhruva B. Reddy bdhruva at gmx.net
Wed Oct 16 15:50:17 MDT 2002

Hi,

I have a question about how web servers work and really don't know where
to begin looking for the answer.

We are developing an application on Apache in Python using Albatross.
Our home page is generated dynamically.

My question:  From the viewpoint of a web agent (whether it is a
browser, spider, etc.), is there any difference between static content
and dymanically generated content?

My understanding is that if you hit, say http://www.foo.com/index.html,
you will get a file called 'index.html', which will look the same regardless
of whether the file is static or dynamically generated.

Any answers or direction would be greatly appreciated.

-d
--
"Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish
we didn't." Erica Jong (b. 1942); US author