[lug] xml for web pages

Anders Knudsen anders at theknudsens.net
Wed Oct 16 21:28:52 MDT 2002

On Wed, 2002-10-16 at 21:21, D. Stimits wrote:
> Whatever I do will have to be portable to a Zeus server on a Sun Sparc,
> it does not run Apache, although it is very very close in behavior (and
> I am not root). I work on my web pages locally on Apache/Linux, then
> transfer them when satisfied and when they validate. Does PHP have some
> form of XML and XSLT parser? I did not know that PHP is XML-savvy.

I'm not sure about PHP on a Sun. There is Apache for Solaris
though...viable?

PHP handles XML and XSLT. I've only used the XML parsing functions, and
for my needs has been great.

XML: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xml.php
XML-RPC: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xmlrpc.php
XSLT: http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.xslt.php