[lug] Suggestions for hardware supported linux systems

Orion Poplawski orion at colorado-research.com
Fri Oct 18 13:03:25 MDT 2002

Everyone -

   I'm starting a new gig and am faced with supporting a moderately large
number of linux desktops.  I've already encountered a number of systems that
are locking up completely for unknown reasons.  Currently, the hardware in
use is whatever has been lying around or an assembled system from some
mail-order shop.  This makes my job that much harder trying to track down
problems.
   I'd like to move to a supplier who would be able to service the machines
if these problems came up.  Any suggestions?

- Orion