[lug] NO Attachments!!!

Neal McBurnett neal at bcn.boulder.co.us
Thu Oct 24 14:04:48 MDT 2002

On Thu, Oct 24, 2002 at 12:48:51PM -0600, dan radom wrote:
> there's actually a mailing list HOWTO.  it's a good read.  it talks about
> html mail, top posting and so on.  nothing's more bothersome then top
> posting IMHO.  filtering attachments shouldn't be left up to mu MUA, and
> mutt doesnt have that ability.  my imap software can , as can my
> fetchmail, but don't make us do that.

I don't find a Mailing List HOWTO by that name, but I wonder if the
 Linux Newbie FAQ   http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/linfaq.html

is the one referred to, as it talks about top posting, etc.

On the attachment question, I've been trying to make this point for
years, and put together a page that I refer my correspondents to:

	http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/attachments.html

It also refers to some other related pages.  Since the majority of
the world still uses Windows, it tries to provide some personal
motivation for avoiding attachments (like Word docs).  E.g.:

 The sender may be unwittingly revealing confidential information....

and virus concerns.

Input for it is welcome.

Cheers,

Neal McBurnett                 http://bcn.boulder.co.us/~neal/
GPG/PGP signed and/or sealed mail encouraged.  Keyid: 2C9EBA60