[lug] Motherboard recommendations?

Rob Riggs rob at pangalactic.org
Fri Oct 25 09:08:05 MDT 2002

You should be able to do it for well under $600. Decent Athlon
motherboard ($100),  Athlon XP 2000 processor ($100), 512MB ECC DDR RAM
($150).

I bought an Abit motherboard recently and was quite happy with it. The
KX7-333 boards can be had for ~$80. I've heard very good things about
the Soyo Dragon motherboards. They are a little more expensive though
(~$120).

This should easily handle mail and web (and FTP!) over DSL. (Can you say
"overkill"?) :-)

-Rob