[lug] Motherboard recommendations?

Nick Golder purenrg at hiveportal.net
Fri Oct 25 23:55:47 MDT 2002

On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 09:57, Scott Herod wrote:
> >Chip
> >
> Check out some of the stuff that Via has out now.  In particular, I'm
> using a couple of their mini-itx boxen with a lot of luck.  And they are
> really inexpensive.  Lots of online places sell them.
>
> Scott

Scott,
So you use the Mini-ITX mb for servers?  Which/What model[s]?  I have
always wondered how the 64Kb of L2 cache handle bus bursts.  What kind
of applications do you use these for (I know you mention servers but am
interested in which ones  How would you rate their overall performance?
I thought it would be fun (and cool) to make a mini-lanrack with a bunch
of custom plexi cases all using LCD to display server info.